Sunday, February 11, 2018

Satan will be bound

"And because of the righteousness of his people, Satan has no power; wherefore he cannot be loosed for the space of many years; for he hath no power over the hearts of the people, for they dwell in righteousness, and the Holy One of Israel reigneth." 1 Nephi 22:26

Growing up, I always loved the promise that there will be a day when Satan will be bound, powerless and unable to tempt me. Today I realize that I don't have to wait for the millennium to have that promise realized, he can be powerless now. Some days he is powerless, because of where I am mentally and spiritually and other days he is successful at bringing me down. With his deceiving and cunning ways, I am persuaded to fall into his traps.

He has power to bruise my heel, but I have power to crush his head! I am given that power by God. Through following His commandments and His promptings every time they come, I am living in God's power. Satan wants me to feel shame when I mess up and even sometimes when I don't mess up. But my testimony that God loves me without condition and forgives my repentant heart, brings me out of shame and fills my heart with hope and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment