Thursday, February 4, 2016

Day 7: I Know That My Redeemer Lives!

Today I read Lehi's and Sariah's testimonies. When Sariah feared for their son's lives, Lehi comforted her with his testimony; "I know that The Lord will deliver my sons out of the hands of Laban, and bring them down again unto us in the wilderness." She was comforted by his words before they arrived, but it wasn't until they did that she was able to KNOW. When they returned, she said; "Now I know of a surety that the Lord hath commanded my husband to flee into the wilderness; yea, and I also know of a surety that the Lord hath protected my sons, and delivered them out of the hands of Laban, and given them power whereby they could accomplish the thing which the Lord hath commanded them." And they rejoiced exceedingly, ...and gave thanks unto the God of Israel.

Testimonies strengthen us in times of doubt and fear. The testimony that I have of Jesus Christ is what is carrying me through the hardest trial of my life right now. I know that He lives and loves me. When I focus on that fact, all of my fears disappear and I am filled with peace and hope. There is nothing that is too hard for the Lord. With Him as my advocate, there is nothing that we can't do.

Click to watch a video on The Savior's life and resurrection.

I add my testimony to Samuel Medley's testimony (the author of that song), that my Redeemer lives!  

He lives to bless me with his love. I feel His love every day. 
He lives to plead for me above. He is my advocate, I do not stand alone.
He lives my hungry soul to feed. When my soul is empty, He feeds my soul!
He lives to bless in time of need, always there waiting to bless me with what I need, when I need it!
He lives to grant me rich supply. He has never let me go without the things that I need. 
He lives to guide me with his eye. He watches over me, giving me the strength to do the right thing.
He lives to comfort me when faint. Those times when I have nothing left to give, His love lifts me and heals me and gives me strength to rise above my circumstances.
He lives to hear my soul's complaint. Sometimes He offers His understanding, and other times He chastens me in my weakness.
He lives to silence all my fears. His word and His love encourage me to live in faith and hope.
He lives to wipe away my tears. His compassion and empathy are always felt.
He lives to calm my troubled heart with a peace that no one else can offer!
He lives all blessings to impart.
He lives, my kind, wise heav'nly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while he lives, I'll sing.
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
He lives and grants me daily breath.
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare.
He lives to bring me safely there.
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

Samuel Medley died of a painful illness in 1799. I am curious if this is when he wrote this song (during the time of likely his greatest trial of his life). I don't know when he wrote it, I'll have to do some more research. But I do know that it is only through the hardest of times that this type of a testimony is built. I know that because that is the case for me. I have always believed, and right now my belief is turning to knowledge!

I know that He lives and loves me. That knowledge give me strength to carry on in my darkest moments. When I am doing the best I can and bad things are still happening; he is there to comfort me and buoy me up. When I feel alone or misunderstood, I know that He understands. I know that He will make everything right when it needs to be made right. He fights my every battle. He calms my every fear. He loves me without condition. And it is through my belief that I am able to feel it. 

He did. He does. He is. He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment